Monday, January 11, 2010

Training Week Ending 1/10

Training is starting to pick up. I logged 11.5 hours last week. Nothing stellar, but I'm not sitting on the couch getting fat. It included a swim and bike assessment. I'll be doing these throughout the year to monitor my fitness level. The swim session was a set of 5x300's. I averaged just a hair under a 1:11 pace/100yds. The bike assessment was a CP20 test (20min wu, 5 min HARD, 5min easy, 20 min HARD, cool down) on the trainer. Power numbers are decent for this time of year. The 20 minute interval was at a 348w avg. Not my best, but I'm not complaining. Ridinng HARD on the trainer can be brutal. Both are benchmarks to beat in a few weeks.

I have a 5k coming up on the 23rd, so I need to get my run fitness in better shape between now and then. I've never been a FAST 5k runner, but I'm hoping to change that this year ; )

No comments: