Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lake Murray Race Report

Okay, another "C" race in the bag. Had a decent day, can't complain.

Swim was a little choppy, but not too bad. Felt pretty good, was out of the water in 5th. I still really need to work on my swim.

Bike was ok. I never really got comfortable on the bike, so I just tried to "muscle" through. Came in to T2 in 2nd. Legs felt tired and I was not looking forward to the run. I knew Dan Moss was ahead of me, so I just wanted to hold onto second.

Run was decent. The legs were out of sort for the first mile, but my splits were pretty good...better than last week. I just tried to keep a steady pace, but I saw third place was gaining on me. I put in a surge at mile 2 to shake him, but unfortunately he held on, then put in a surge of his own and dropped me. Need to work on my run, too.

Finished 3rd, so I'm not terribly dissapointed...I just hate that I was run down...again.

Oh well, three races in three weeks are now over. I have two weeks to be ready for Rock N Roll Man, my "A" race for the first half of the season. The recent racing has made me a bit tired. I'm nervous that my fatigue won't go completely away, but I'll stay optimistic as RnR Man is a great race, and I'm hoping for my best performance yet. The plan now is to put in a few more hard days, then begin my full taper.

No comments: